Sunday, June 15, 2014

Why waste time?

I've got just over 10 weeks left in Nashville before I head out to Washington. It's going to be a fairly quiet few months. I've knocked out two weeks of counseling at a camp and going on a family vacation, and I don't have much going on before I go.

As my mom and I were heading home from our  family trip to the Smokies, I was resenting having to settle back in to work and getting back into the daily routine. "What can I do to pass the time this summer?" I thought to myself.

I don't want to waste an entire summer; I want to make good use of these next 10 weeks. So I've compiled a list of to-do's:

Learn mandolin-I mean I've had a mandolin for a year now, so I guess I should make use of it

Study history & politics-I'm spending three and a half months in Washington; I'm going to need to know my stuff

Read the news-I don't do this enough. It not only keeps me informed, but it can help improve my own writing

Make something-I'm not sure what I'm going to make, but I want to start some kind of project for the summer

Go on an adventure-I've always wanted to just start driving and go somewhere, without making any plans ahead of time. I think this will finally be the summer for that trip

Those are my summer to-do's. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment