Sunday, July 13, 2014

Golden sunsets and summer air

Tonight as I was driving home from running some errands, windows down with the warm summer heat spilling into my car, I couldn't help but smile. God's creation is beautiful. It's breathtaking, really.

I've noticed this week especially how much detail God puts in His masterpiece that is this earth. The other night I sat outside and watched the super moon with some binoculars. It was incredible. I tried for a few minutes to get a good picture, but I couldn't. Even if I could, I thought, looking at the picture later on would never be the same as seeing it in person.

Yesterday I went with some students from my college group at church to the lake by my house. I usually go tubing and cliff jumping the entire time I'm on the lake, but yesterday I was content just sitting on the boat, looking around.

Man, I can't get over how intricately detailed this earth is. Every tree branch, every blade of grass is carefully crafted together. Just think about it. God is sitting up there in Heaven, when He decides to paint the sunset for the night. He paints a sunset full of different hues of golden yellow, bright red, burnt orange and undertones of purple.

Sometimes I feel like God is far away. I feel like He's out of reach. But I am reminded of how real and close He is when I walk in the dirt, the dry earth, and see the life coming out of it.

I challenge you to take some time out of your week to sit and bask in God's beauty. Put your phone aside. Trying to get the perfect picture will only distract you from work of the Master.

Read Psalm 104.

No comments:

Post a Comment